I think that I have a lot of catching up to do because I haven’t blogged in …. well forever!!! I’ve been meaning to post about this book for almost 2 years now! (oops). And although it’s not new anymore I’m posting about it today because I think that this is the book that started an entire genre of titles aiming to teach us how French women dress, what French women do and don’t do, what food they eat, what food they don’t eat, all claiming to have the answer to “je ne sais quoi”!
How to Be a Parisian Wherever You Are: is a collaboration between Caroline de Maigret and Parisians girlfriends Anne Berest, Audrey Diwan, and Sophie Mas… It’s a fun light-hearted book … for those of you who haven’t read the book yet here are 5 tips from the book just to give you an idea of what’s it about:
1. “Be aware of your qualities and your faults. Cultivate them in private, but don’t obsess.”
2. “Au naturel is the fruit of hard labor, meticulously passed down from generation to generation.”
3. “Like Coco Chanel, do your utmost to avoid dinners with more than six guests around the table.”
4. “Parisian women never try to appear to be something other than what they are. In truth, more than wanting to look young—which is but a fleeting illusion—they want above all to become the best possible version of themselves, outside and in, at any age.”
5. And finally “Take time to take time, because nobody else will do it for you.”
I know that we are talking about books now but I wanted to show you the new collaboration between Caroline de Maigret and Lancome which I love
It’s called MES INCONTOURNABLES DE PARISIENNE from Lancome
It consists of the palette above and other products as well.
To me, this palette sums up the book beliefs of what French beauty stands for: simple, timeless, and natural beauty and the appearance of effortless elegance.
PS: watch the ad that Caroline made on Lancome’s website … I loved it and thought that it was so funny!