When it comes to gifting, at least one rule is universal, it is the thought that counts!. That being said there are a few general rules and guidelines for gifting in good taste that I thought I’d share here since the holiday season is just around the corner.…
• Give a good quality gift, or none at all!
• Presentation is just as important!
• Be thoughtful and write a hand written note to accompany your present.
• Don’t be too concerned with price. It is the quality and thought that count, not the cost.
• If you don’t know someone well, play it safe with some fine chocolates, champagne.
• Always bring something for a host or hostess of events. Never go empty handed! I always get something like dessert or flowers at least.
• Speaking of flowers, be sure to gift them in odd numbers, except for 7, 11, and 13 which some consider bad luck. I sometimes avoid white flowers as they are for weddings, chrysanthemums, and lilies which are reserved for funerals, and red carnations… unless I know the host or hostess loves them!
• Be personal. If you know someone well, don’t be afraid to gift them books or music you think they will enjoy.