1. Act as you wish to be treated. The energy you put out will be returned to you many times over. Practice random acts of kindness and generosity often….for what goes around always comes around!
2. Travel the world as much as you can. There is nothing more educational and enriching for you and your family than seeing the world and experiencing for yourselves the wonderfully diverse cultures of the world (and realising that there is no ‘right’ way of living).
3. Enrich yourself by appreciating the arts (music, art, culture), reading constantly, and learn as much new skills as you possibly can!
4. Make your own opportunities, create your own luck, and look after your own fortunes.
5. Be impeccable with your word. Don’t lie, don’t gossip. Follow through on your commitments… Remember your word is your bond!
6. Treat life as one big adventure…Enjoy its ups and downs… always look for beauty and inspiration in unexpected places, and collect things along the way that make you smile.
7. Live slowly, appreciate the small pleasures in life: the smell of a rose, the sound of your child’s laughter, the sound of an orchestra tuning at the theatre, or even the sound of your child practicing the drums!
8. Don’t judge yourself by how others perceive you. Everyone acts out of his or her own preconceptions…..and if someone asks you for a favor, do it only if you want to and not because you have to!
9. Always do your best…. And you will never have to worry about how you could have done better.
10. Last but not least….. Always Wear Sunscreen!