It is time for me to throw away some of my make up!…. I do this regularly with out fail.
You see different types of makeup can safely be used for different lengths of time….Here’s the list that I go by for my make up and beauty products. It shows you how long they can be used after being opened:
- Concealer Up to 12 months.
- Powder 2 years.
- Pencil eye liner Pencils should be sharpened regularly and could last up to 2 years. Liquids however only last unto 3 months.
- Eyeshadow Powders will also last up to 2 years. But creams last unto 6 months.
- Brushes Wash every 2-3 weeks with a mild detergent.
- Sponges Wash weekly and discard monthly.
- Foundation: Depends on the ingredients: A water-based foundation will last from 6 to 12 months. An oil-based one will last up to 18 months. And a powder one can last up to 2 years …However I must say that i throw mine after 3 to 4 months max!
- Lip liner Up to 3 years.
- Lipstick 1-2 years depending on the ingredients.
- Mascara This product expires the fastest: Throw out after 3 months.
- Nail Polish Up to 1-2 years, depending on the quality.
- Hair care products 1 year
- Sunscreen 6 months
- Cream & gel cleansers 1 year.
- Skin care products 6 months to 1 year
- Fragrance 2 years
You can either write down on a peace of paper which products expire when or you could do what I do! I stick a small round sticker under each product and just write the expiry date on it !!!